|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Language of Instruction:||English, German||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10370Recommended Academic Area:
|Biology, Exercise Science, Health Science, Pre-medical Sciences|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10373Class Eligibility:
|graduate, junior, senior, sophomore second semester|
Die Deutsche Sporthochschule--The German Sport University
in Cologne, GermanyHomepage: http://www.dshs-koeln.de/
The World's Leading University for Sport Sciences!
The German Sport University is the largest sports university in Europe with about 6,000 students from all over the world. Degree programs are offered at the bachelor, masters and doctoral levels. Courses for BU students are taught in English.
- The cost of studying at the German Sport University can be less expensive than studying in Bloomsburg.
- See the budget sheet linked above.
- Accommodations: Single room in an on-campus student apartment is about $300 per month.
- Meals: on-campus dining is about the same as at Bloomsburg University or less. Budget about $300 per month.
- Books and Supplies: $150 / semester.
- Even with the round trip travel to Cologne, Germany, a semester at the DSHS can cost less that living in Bloomsburg.
- Open to all majors, but especially appropriate for students in Exercise Science and Health Sciences.
- No knowledge of German is required, but students are strongly encouraged to take a German language class before going and during their stay.
- Good academic standing and no sanctions or disciplinary actions.
- Be at least in the fifth semester of undergraduate study during the study abroad.
- Recommendation required by the Department of Exercise Science for its majors.
The City of Cologne
Cologne is Germany's fourth-largest city with a population just over 1,000,000. Cologne is located on both sides of the Rhine River in the west of Germany. The city's famous Cologne Cathedral is the city's signature attraction and symbol. Cologne was founded and established in the first century AD by the Romans. Cologne is a major cultural center of the Rhineland; it is home to more than thirty museums and hundreds of galleries. Exhibitions range from local ancient Roman archeological sites to contemporary graphics and sculpture.