|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Language of Instruction:||English||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10370Recommended Academic Area:
|Accounting, Anthropology, Art History, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Economics, English, Environmental, Geographical and Geological Sciences, Exercise Science, Finance, Health Science, History, Information and Technology Management, Interdisciplinary Studies, Management, Marketing, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Pre-medical Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Theatre Arts|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10373Class Eligibility:
|graduate, junior, senior, sophomore second semester|
The University of Essex in the United Kingdom
Student Exchange Program
The University of Essex is a British public research university whose original and largest campus is near the town of Colchester, England. It was established in 1963 and received its Royal Charter in 1965.
- Students: 10,960
- Undergraduates: 8,115
- Postgraduates: 2,845
- Location: Colchester, Essex, UK
- Campus at Wivenhoe Park. Over 200 acres.
- The University of Essex is regarded as a world leader in social science, with internationally recognised strengths in the humanities.
- The School of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering also enjoys a worldwide reputation.
- Schools and Departments include:
- Biological Sciences
- Computational Finance and Economic Agents,
- Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
- East 15 Acting School
- Edge Hotel School
- Essex Business School
- Health and Human Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies in the Humanities
- Institute for Social and Economic Research
- Language and Linguistics
- Literature, Film, and Theatre Studies
- Mathematical Sciences
- Philosophy and Art History
- Art History
- Psychoanalytic Studies
- It is possible to study abroad at the University of Essex for about the same price as studying at Bloomsburg University.
- The costs for living in Colchester and studying at the University of Essex can vary widely.
- Tuition and fees are paid to Bloomsburg Univeristy; no tuition or fees are paid to the University of Essex.
- Website: Cost of Living in Essex
Over 45 sports clubs Over 75 clubs and societies devoted to Arts, Culture, Leisure, Social Engagement, and more.
The Town of Colchester
Colchester (pop. 121,000) is a historic town located 51.2 miles (82.4 km) northeast of London on the river Coine. It is the oldest recorded Roman town in Britain, and therefore claims to be the oldest town in Britain. Roman structures are still standing in Colchester and the town's walls are the oldest in Britain. Gosbecks Archaeological Park is situated south-west of the town, and consists of a preserved Roman theatre and Romano-British temple marked out on the ground. Colchester Castle was completed around 1100 CE and today houses a public museum. Colchester is also home to several other museums and cultural venues, such as theaters and concert halls. Colchester's Dutch Quarter is the town's most attractive archtectural area, which dates from Tudor times. Because this is a university town, there are many restaurants, clubs and pubs that cater to students.