|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2017||03/31/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||Chinese, English||Recommended Academic Area:||Chinese|
|Language Prerequisites:||Chinese||Minimum GPA:||2.7|
|Class Eligibility:||junior, senior, sophomore second semester|
Beijing Normal University
- Students of Chinese Language and Culture at BU are approved by the Chinese program director.
- BU students must be in good academic standing and have no outstanding financial or disciplinary sanctions against them.
It costs about the same to study at BNU as at BU, or even less. See the budget link above.
- Most BU students will be enrolling in courses in Chinese language.
- BNU's program in teaching Chinese as a second language is one of the best in the world.
- BNU also offers a good number of courses taught in English. Further information, search the BNU Website
- The Capital International Airport is referred to as the Capital Airport. It is Beijing City's main international airport and is located in the northeast corner of Beijing City, Shunyi district.
- Choose one of the following routes to arrive at campus:
- Take a taxi directly to campus. The fare should be about 100 RMB (around $16).
- Take the high speed metro airport rail to Sanyuanqiao stop. Change metro lines to Line 10. Follow Line 10 to Mudanyuan stop. Exit from the southwest. Mudanyuan bus stop is 30 meters ahead. From here, take No. 645 or 22 or 38 directly to Tieshizifen, the campus' main east gate.
- The airport has bus lines heading to all parts of the city. Take the airport bus No. 4 to Beitaipingzhuang. Head in the opposite direction from where the bus arrived and cross the intersection bearing right. Walk 800 meters down Xinjiekouwai Street to Beijing Normal University main east gate. Or, continue walking ahead until you reach the Jingshi Tower. Then, take a right and continue until you reach the main south gate.
- BNU has five international student dormitories.
- The daily cost per bed varies; there are beds for between RMB 40 and RMB 95 per day, which would be about $6.50 to $15.30 per day or about $845 to $1,989 per semester.
- Students may choose to live in double rooms or single rooms.
- After receiving the Admission Notice, students may choose their desired accommodations on the Internet at the website.
- Accommodations offer hot water at least eighteen hours a day, and pay washers and dryers are available in each international student apartment building.
- Equipped public kitchens or canteens are available in some buildings.
- Computer labs, gymnasiums and cafeterias are also available in some buildings.
- Webpage for BNU travel and accommodations.
BNU campus boasts 11 canteens all catering to different tastes, including Chinese, Western, Korean and Japanese cuisines at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Location & Transport: The BNU campus is located in north west downtown Beijing in the Haidian district, between the second and third ring roads. It is often called 'an oasis for study in downtown Beijing'. Public transport is close by, with a 15 minute walk to subway stations. Many buses go directly from the University to the popular places in Beijing, such as the Forbidden City, Wangfujing, Summer palace and so on. See also: BNU Student Life
BNU campus has two sports fields with full sports facilities: a basketball hall, tennis courts open all day and gym, taekwondo and martial arts instruction. The Qiu Jiduan Gym contains a basketball court, swimming pool and other facilities. During the 2008 Beijing Olympics it hosted the US team during training.
- Varied programs of cultural life on-campus, with many student associations and clubs.
- Seven countries have their own students' unions, and there are four clubs for those interested in music, dance and volunteering.