|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Language of Instruction:||English||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10370Recommended Academic Area:
|Anthropology, Art, Art History, Biology, Business Education, Chemistry, Communication Studies, Computer Science, Economics, Educational Studies, English, Environmental, Geographical and Geological Sciences, Exercise Science, Finance, History, Information and Technology Management, Management, Marketing, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Middle Level Education, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Secondary Education, Social Work, Sociology, Special Education, Theatre Arts|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10373Class Eligibility:
|graduate, junior, senior, sophomore second semester|
University of Limerick
The University of Limerick is a comprehensive institution of higher education with four main colleges (called "faculties"):
- Kemmy Business School
- Faculty of Education & Health Sciences (including the Graduate Medical School)
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences
- Irish World Academy of Music and Dance — an internationally acclaimed centre for innovation and research in music and dance performance and scholarship
- Irish Chamber Orchestra — Ireland's leading international chamber orchestra, funded by An Chomhairle Ealaíon, The Irish Arts Council
- There are over 70 student-run Clubs and Societies in the University. The clubs are supported by the Students Union, the Sports Department and the Arts Office.
- The university is notable compared to other Irish universities in that a significant amount of accommodation is on-campus.
- There are five on-campus student villages, the most recent having been opened for residents in 2006.
- See the budget sheet above. Figures are based on one semester in 2014.
- Tuition and fees are paid directly to the University of Limerick.
- Financial aid and scholarships apply.
Limerick is the third largest city in Ireland with a population of over 100,000. Limerick City is a main tourist destination, only a 15-minute drive from Shannon Airport. Tourist attractions of architectural and historical note in the city centre include Limerick City Museum, King John's Castle (1212), St Mary's Cathedral (1168), the Hunt Museum, the University of Limerick, Georgian houses and gardens and the Treaty Stone. There are several seasonal tours (Angela's Ashes walking tour of Limerick City, historical walking tour and boat tours along the River Shannon).