Programs > Brochure
BU Faculty Led Program - Winter - Spain
Barcelona, Spain; Madrid, Spain; Salamanca, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10373Class Eligibility:
|graduate, junior, senior, sophomore|
Study Abroad in Spain this Winter Term for three intensive weeks!
Visit Madrid and study Spanish in Salamanca. Enjoy a chilly but pleasant weather strolling through the streets of Salamanca and Madrid. Students will participate in daily life Spanish activities, such as tapas, city walks, and visits to parks and monuments in Madrid, Salamanca, and other Castile and Leon cities. Students will also have a taste of the Castile and Leon cuisine. Open to All BU students. No knowledge of Spanish is necessary.
- Students will be enrolled in an intensive language program in Salamanca, Spain taught by Colegio de España faculty.
- Students will receive 3 transfer credits from Colegio de España. Must receive 'C' or better to transfer credits.
- Students will enroll in the BU SPA 211 Spanish Culture and Civilization class taught by Dr. Hidalgo de Jesús.
- Course taught in English.
- Coursework will begin before traveling to Spain. Assignments will be completed upon return.
- Course satisfies 2 GEPs for Goal 4: Culture and Diversity and 1 GEP for Goal 7: Arts and Humanities
- 3 BU credits
- Credits could be used to satisfy the Spanish minor classes; Spanish major classes (some restrictions apply).
- The trip fulfills the LC Immersion Experience in Languages and Cultures—Spanish Track, and Language Requirement GEPS).
FLT Program Fee Payment Schedule
September 17, 2018 - Non-refundable $500 deposit
October 5, 2018 - First Installment $1,000
November 2, 2018 - Second Installment $708
December 3, 2018 - Final Installment $707
TOTAL PROGRAM FEE: $2,915
Winter tuition for 3 BU credits will be billed separately at a later date
Included in FLT Program Fee
- Colegio de España tuition and fees;
- cultural activities;
- airline ticket;
- public ground transportation in Spain;
- room and board in Salamanca;
- hotel in Madrid (3 nights, breakfast);
- e-text manual and didactical material (books) in Spain.
- BU Tuition and Fees (3 credits) (See Budget Sheet)
- Passport (approximately $140)
- Lunches and dinners in Madrid (approximately $75-$85)
- International Health Insurance (approximately $45)
- Spending Money (approximately $500)
- Study Abroad application fee ($25)