|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Language of Instruction:||Arabic||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10370Recommended Academic Area:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Arabic Language Institute in Fez (ALIF)
Classes at ALIF are conducted in a large Moorish-style villa surrounded by an oasis-like setting of date palms, olive trees and rosemary shrubs. The tranquil residential neighborhood is away from the hubbub of downtown but within easy walking distance of a variety of restaurants and cafes.
ALIF offers courses in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and in Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA) in 3- and 6-week sessions throughout the year.
For example, here is the current calendar for 6-week courses:
- Summer 1, 2015: May 25-Jul. 3
- Summer 2, 2015: June 15-July 28 (July 16 & 17 are holidays (Eid al Fitr))
- Fall 1, 2015: Sept. 9-Oct. 23 (Sept. 23-24 (Eid al Adha) and Oct. 15 (1st Muharram) are holidays)
- Fall 2, 2015: Nov. 3-Dec. 16
- ALIF welcomes year-round applicants, who will be accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Applications should be received at least three weeks before the desired term of enrollment.
- Depending on class size and scheduling, applications may be accepted after this deadline, but will be assessed an additional late-registration fee of 150 Dhs ($1= 8.5 Dh). (Consult the course schedule for exact dates of each term.)
- All students are requested to fill out the application below and return it to ALIF, indicating which term(s) they wish to attend and which course(s) they wish to enroll in.
The City of Fez
Fes or Fez (pop. around 1,000,000) is the third-largest city in Morocco. Founded in 789, it is a city steeped in rich historical culture. Its two main old towns ("Medinas"), the larger of which, Fez el Bali, is a UNESCO world heritage site and home to the world's oldest university.