Programs > Brochure
SOL Education Abroad-Costa Rica
Heredia, Costa Rica (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2019||04/12/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Language of Instruction:||English, Spanish||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10370Recommended Academic Area:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10373Class Eligibility:
|graduate, junior, senior, sophomore second semester|
Study Abroad & Spanish Immersion in Heredia, Costa Rica
through SOL Education Abroad
- Students study at the Latin University of Costa Rica (Heredia City campus), a private university originally founded in 1986 as the Universidad Interamericana.
- The university is located on a spacious, modern campus landscaped with tropical plants, ficus, and pine trees.
- Sessions include fall and spring semesters, summer and winter.
- Spanish language courses offered at all levels from absolute beginner to advanced.
- Students may also enroll in courses in other subjects, some taught in English, such as Business, Journalism, Psychology and Interior Design.
- Students have opportunities to volunteer for civic engagement projects.
- Courses and credits transfer to BU.
- Tuition and fees for semester programs about $8,000.
- Tuition and fees are paid directly to SOL Education Abroad.
- Tuition and fees cover academic costs, homestay, meals, health insurance, airport transfers, textbooks, excursions and more.
- Fees to not include international travel, airport tax, clothing, entertainment and miscellaneous personal expenses.
- Tuition and fees for shorter summer and winter programs vary according to duration.
- See the budget sheet above for details.
- Heredia has a population of about 130,000 and is located seven miles north of the capital of Costa Rica, San José.
- Among the city's attractions are Central Park (Parque Central), a semi-shaded park, lined with mango trees, next to buildings that date back to the 18th Century.
- Close to the Central Park stands Basilica of the Immaculate Conception (Basílica de la Inmaculada Concepción), built in 1797.
- Costa Rica's public national university Universidad Nacional has its main campus in Heredia.
- Pacific Beach Trip (Manuel Antonio National Park): lush forests, tropical beaches, and abundant wildlife.
- Arenal Volcano: active valcano