|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Courses Previously Transferred:||Click here to view|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Language of Instruction:||English||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10370Recommended Academic Area:
|Educational Studies, English, Exercise Science, Mass Communications, Middle Level Education, Secondary Education, Social Work, Special Education|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10372Minimum GPA:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10373Class Eligibility:
|graduate, junior, senior, sophomore second semester|
The University of St Mark and St John"Marjon"
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
The The University of St Mark and St John, called "Marjon", offers special programs in the following areas:
- Children, Young People and Communities
- Creative Writing and English Literature
- Education and Teacher Training
- Journalism and Media
- Leadership and Business Management
- Live Music and Acting
- Speech, Language and Linguistics
- Sport, Outdoor, Coaching and PE
- Study in Plymouth, England costs just about the same as studying in Bloomsburg.
- Students pay tuition and fees at Bloomsburg University, the same as if they were taking classes in Bloomsburg.
- Financial aid and grants apply to study at Marjon as they would at Bloomsburg.
- SCHOLARSHIPS are available for students who study abroad on exchange programs from a variety of sources.
- Student IDs not only allow access to university facilities, such as the library, but are also good for student discounts of many kinds, including transportation, dining, and cultural events.
- Students must bring their own health insurance or buy it upon arrival in the UK.
- BU students are usually housed in one of the 38 Village Houses in a single bedroom with shared kitchen and common area.
- BU students apply for housing at the same time as they apply for admission to Marjon.
- Students are responsible for their own travel arrangements and travel documents. Travel costs can vary.
- A round-trip ticket from Newark Liberty International Airport to London is currently around $850. Travel from London to Plymouth is currently around $78 by train and $28 by bus.
- Students can often find student discounts for airfare. See the General Information and Handy Links page.
- BU students will be met at the local bus or train station upon arrival and transported to Marjon.
- Students must be full-time students and take 12 to 18 credits.
- Credits transfer as per advisement with the program director.
- BU students study for one or two semesters at Marjon.
- Students can take classes in any courses offered at Marjon.
- We strongly encourage students to study abroad for two semesters, especially if international activity will be part of future career plans or if a student is planning to apply to graduate school.
- The fall semester begins in early September and ends mid-December; the spring semester begins around the third week of January and ends around the third week of May.
To be eligible for the program, students must be enrolled full time at Bloomsburg University or at a University in the PA State System of Higher Education and be in good academic standing.
The City of Plymouth
Plymouth (pop. 250,000) is located on the south coast of Devon, England, about 190 miles (310 km) southwest of London. The area has been settled since the Bronze Age and is first mentioned in records in the eleventh century. Plymouth has one of the best natural ports in the world, and therefore maritime trade and national defense have been the center of its economy. Plymouth is a vibrant waterfront city and has a wealth of attractions and activities, including historic sites and gardens, entertainment venues, leisure on the coast and in the countryside. Plymouth has a huge range of areas of natural beauty to enjoy: 23 County Wildlife Sites, eight Local Nature Reserves, and 26 Parks. Dartmoor National Park and Plymouth’s European Marine Site have been designated as areas of outstanding beauty.